● You will be greeted in a friendly manner by reception and all of our practice team.
● Confidentiality will be adhered to at all times.
● The practice will offer a wide range of appointments.
● Healthcare professionals at this practice will respect the right of patients to make or influencedecisions about their care.
● They will also promote the dignity and independence of patients. The practice will do this by establishing patient needs, preferences and decisions.
● The clinicians will explain the outcomes of diagnostic tests and assessments in a way that you can understand so that you, the patient, can make informed choices; they will discuss and provide information about the available care, treatment and support options so that you can make informed decisions.
● The practice respects patients’ rights to take an informed risk and make decisions about their care (including self-care) whilst balancing this need for choice with safety.
● The clinicians will give patients time to make decisions to the extent that the circumstances allow.
● We will explain the likely effects of any new drugs and review your long term medication at agreed times.
● The practice will provide and maintain premises which are clean, comfortable, safe and warm. A play area is provided.
● We will promote training and development to ensure an excellent standard of service is delivered.
● We expect you to extend the same courtesy and politeness to the practice staff that you expect to receive.
● If patients are violent or abusive they will be removed from our practice list.
● We will also have the right to remove patients from our list if they repeatedly and persistently ignore their responsibilities to our staff and fellow patients.
● We expect patients to attend their appointments on time and inform us in advance if they cannot attend.
● If more than one family member needs to be seen then an appointment for each individual should be requested.
● Patients only request urgent appointments if they genuinely cannot wait until the next routine appointment.
● Home visits are made at the discretion of the GP; you may be requested to attend the surgery.
● Out of hours services should only be requested when absolutely necessary.
● We expect patients to value their health, maintain a healthy lifestyle and therefore minimise health risks.
● Children should be supervised at all times by parents/guardians whilst on practice premises.
● The building and car park has a no smoking policy.
● Mobile phones should be switched off whilst on the practice premises.